Replacing Microwave Combo with a better Range Hood
Here are some recommendations if you have a microwave combo and would like to replace it with a better, more efficient, range hood.
After removing the microwave, you will need to measure the distance from the stove top to the bottom of the cabinet where the microwave was installed. This distance will help determine the size of the under-cabinet raange hood that will be required.
Please see the below example:
Space between range and cabinet = 36"
Under-cabinet range hood height = 6"
Distance between the hood and range will = 30" (The recommended distance from the stove top is 24" - 30")
It is important to check the duct size and shape before purchasing a range hood to replace your microwave combo. Most microware hoods have a rectangular exhaust. You may choose to purchase a range hood that also has a rectangular exhaust, or you can remove the rectangular piece of ducting and use a range hood with a round duct opening instead. Also, please check to make sure that the duct size is at least 6" in diameter or 3.5" x 10" (if rectangular) without any reductions along the way. If the duct is smaller than the recommended 6" round or 3.5" x 10", then the suction and overall performance of any range hood will be affected. A smaller duct will make any range hood louder and less efficient.
Below is a summary step-by-step process of replacing your microwave combo:
1) Remove the microwave and measure the distance between the bottom of the cabinet and the top of the range
2) Measure the duct size and check the rest of the ducting to ensure that the duct is not smaller than 6"
3) Decide which range hood will best fit your needs based on your situation
4) Purchase your range hood and have it installed and seal all ducting using aluminum tape.
5) That's it, you're done! Congratulations on replacing your microwave combo with a better, more efficient, range hood.
Call Us +800 394 4020